Thursday, October 4, 2007

Friends from Work

A couple of weeks ago was Homecoming in Arthur, IL...home of the largest Amish community in Illinois. Homecoming in Arthur is kind of neat. Everyone lines one side of a street to see one side of the Homecoming parade. Then, after the parade has passed, you walk over to the next street over so that you can see the other side of the parade. That way you can see people on both sides of a float. Kind of quaint, huh?

Anyways, I went with two friends from work: Bobbie and Genny. On the way back to the car, Genny was walking behind me, and I heard a voice all of a sudden say, "Kelly, can you help me???" I turned around, and Genny had walked underneath a branch and gotten her hair caught in a branch. True friend that I am, I said, "No, but I'll take your picture...hehehe!" So, I snapped away while Genny tried to wrestle her hair away from the tree.

Sorry for the bad pix...I've been meaning to edit them for a month and haven't found the time...or perhaps the patience!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed and laughed and laughed after reading this!!! And I'm sorry for your friend that I did. I can just picture you grabbing your phone or camera and taking a picture before helping her. And what an interesting way to watch a parade!!! Here in Manito, we're doing good just to see it go by from one side of it!! Maybe next year we should run over to Grandma's street to see the other side!!! (No wonder Nick didn't want to watch the parade this year.)

Anonymous said...

I almost considered sending this link to some of Genny's 4-H sisters, but I decided to keep this little nugget to myself!
Brea