Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The New Twins

OK, I am working REALLY hard here to post every day and there's only three comments posted? What??? This is probably going to be the last time I post every day if I'm going to only get a few people leaving comments! For you blogstalkers out there, I am a comments stalker!!! I check the site all the time to see if people left comments; so, PLEASE leave me a comment! It's the fuel that keeps this blogger going!

Now, on to the post! As I posted a couple of weeks ago, my cousin Kyle and his wife Christine had twins this month! Yeah! Here are a few pictures from our visit to the hospital to see the new cuties!

Baby Sophia was bright-eyed all evening!

Kori holding Baby Henry.

Here's my Uncle Randy keeping Colby occupied.

Kyle spent a lot of time at our house growing up. My sister Karen kept telling him she was going to be an aunt to his babies instead of a second cousin, once removed...or whatever the correct term would be. Kyle kept giving her flack over that. Really though, he was the brother we never had growing up, and we're so happy for him.

Sophia's thinking about drifting off to sleep.
Kyle's brother Mark came home from college to see his new niece and nephew.

I drove Mark's twin brother Matt home from college to see the babies. I tried to get him to change Colby's diaper to practice, but he wouldn't go for it.

The old twins holding the new twins. :)

Here's a little preview of tomorrow's pictures. I go tthe chance to take the twins' pictures the week after they were born. This is little Sophia gazing at her mom. Her look translates to "Mom, make the crazy woman with the camera stop! I just want to eat and go to sleep. And, Henry keeps touching me. Make him stop touching me, Mom!" Hehehe!










13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets just note I am first to comment before your sisters!! he !he!
Love the picture and comments for them are great, you all have so much fun!

what a bunch of cute babies!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I have been waiting and waiting for pictures of henry and sophia!!! Though I did want to comment that I couldn't wait to get home and show randy the picture of amelia and her blue eyes. That picture rocks!! I love your comments on the twins too. Keep the pictures coming!!!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Brittany said...

I have been eagerly checking your blog each day for the new photos as your faithful blog-stalker, so the "photos every day" idea rocks :)

I love love love the last picture of Sophia looking at Chris!! I cannot wait to see the rest!

The Watson's said...

Kelly

We are guilty of checking your blog almost every day but never commenting an anything, SORRY. I also enjoy reading everyones comments. Thanks again for taking the babies pictures we cant wait to see the rest of them.
Kyle & Christine

Grandma Budke said...

Great pictures,Kelly!!You really do excellent work with your camera!
I guess you have an eye for a picture before you snap it,or is it just instinct?All my family have
been snapped and they all take good
pics,don't you all agree???
Amy, they were all cute babies but
they've grown up to be super adults
who've had cute babies of their own
and time goes on..

Anonymous said...

Kelly - I check your blog daily... just waiting.... and i am so happy to have new material to look at every morning this week!! Keep it coming!!

All the pictures are great!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, Kelly! Thanks for the one of Amelia, I love it and can't wait to see all the new pictures!

Kori

Grandma Cooper said...

I agree with Brittany -- I love the picture of Sophia and Christine!! (And that previous picture of Amelia just reminds me of the picture you took of Kori showing off her blue-blue eyes after Amelia was born!!) This picture of Kori holding Henry is a much better picture than the one you posted of her holding Colby. And don't you just love the "old twins'" smiles?

The Bible Family said...

What sweet little babies!

Love Colby's jeans too!

Anonymous said...

What cute little babies!! I can't wait to hold them!! Colby doesn't look too happy that her time being the new baby was so short though! Ha!
I love the picture of the "older" twins holding the "younger" twins...Kelly, how can I get a copy of that..I'd love to have that framed..it's so weird seeing Mark and Matt being Uncles already..they're still so little to me!
Love
Kendall

Anonymous said...

I have not even been on my computer for days to check blogs! I feel so terrible because I too, most often, base my posting on how many comments I get. And I'll be honest, I don't seem to get many!
These pictures are awesome, Kelly! We had such a good time down there with everybody and can't wait to see you all again!
Thanks for the pictures!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I check your blog almost everyday and then I got busy this week so I was thrilled with all the new pics!!! I'll try to leave comments from now on! Hopefully I'll get to meet Miss Colby someday if we could ever get together. I keep pestering Tony to call you guys! I know Henry is excited to meet his future girlfriend! :)
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Kelly
I guess I need to humor you. I LOVE to visit all the Rankin girls' blogs and now I'm even on the twins checking on them too. You girls were always a part of the Friedrich's lives and I'm so glad that I can see your kids. You would not believe how many times I laugh out loud or just get a smile on my face. They are so stinkin' cute. (Where have I heard that before?)Keep those pictures and captions coming. This is one stalker that checks regularly!
Connie