Monday, March 29, 2010

The Reed Family


My older sister had some wise words of wisdom for me once: when finding someone to take care of your children, make sure they raise their kids like you would raise yours. Nick and I have been very blessed in those who have taken care of Colby for us while we work. First, there was Miss Norann, who watched her when I first went back to work, but I knew she was returning to finish her nursing degree; so, it was literally the last week she was able to watch Colby and we had no idea who to turn to watch Colby. And then, one night I remembered that our friend Carolyn, who had been pregnant the same time I was pregnant with Colby, had mentioned in passing that one day she hoped to stay home with their kids and take care of a few others. I called Carolyn, and within a week, Colby had her new home-away-from-home....complete with a playmate...a little boy to rough-house with at that!

This past February, Henry turned 1! And, Carolyn asked if I would not only take his 1-year pictures but also take their family pictures as well! She is so good to Colby...I couldn't have been more honored!

Carolyn, thank you for taking such good care of our little girl....Nick and I couldn't ask for anything more!

Below are a few of my absolute favorites....click here to see a few more.







The happy Reed family.





Colby's Brother-from-Another-Mother: Henry!



Taking a walk with Mom.


Even happier now that Mom's close by.


Playtime with Carolyn is always fun. You know there's someone special taking care of your children when they reach out for that person when you drop them off in the morning!

Despite how fun Carolyn is, Henry loves his daddy quite a bit as well!!

Thanks for checking in...and also, thank you for everyone's emails, prayers and thoughts over the last few weeks. Blessings to you all!! KM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just finished looking at the pics and we LOVE them!!! I almost teared up a couple of times! :) Now to just pick out which ones I want! Thank you for taking them and doing such a wonderful job!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as usual Kelly. You can tell she is relly a lot of fun and I bet the three of them have fun all day long. Thanks for posting.
Raylene

Anonymous said...

P.S. I've told you many times how I feel about Colby! I love watching her and feel very blessed that I get to be a part of her life! I love how you said Henry's her brother-from-another-mother cuz that's exactly how I feel about Colby!!! Again thank you, for everything! :)

Carolyn

Brittany said...

These shots are great!! What a good-looking family :) Henry is such a cutie - I love the shot of him on your photography site where he has his hands clasped together like he is pleading for something really huge! Great job as usual!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Kelly! The pictures look great! I've missed seeing them! Can't wait for more!

Kim