Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanks-Christmas 2010!!!

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated the 5th annual Rankin family Thanks-Christmas! This year it was at Kori's house in Indiana!

Here are a few images from the weekend!!

Kori celebrating the fact that Thanks-Christmas won't be at her house for another four years!


I was showing a bit of Comet pride that day after speaking to Mrs. Long's speech class prior to taking off for Indiana.

Colby in her Thanks-Christmas pajamas from Aunt Karen. She was pouting for some reason.

Kori thought it would be fun for everyone to decorate the Christmas tree. Frankly, I think she just didn't get it done and wanted us to do her dirty work. The kids enjoyed it though!

Jacob imitating one of his cousins evidently.

Cousin Emma helping Colby with an ornament.

Aunt Kendall capturing the action.


Grandpa Cooper had the star honors.


The next day we all donned our matching t-shirts and got ready for some major present-opening.

Ella - always enjoying some one-on-one attention.

Currently, Frosty the Snowman is a really big deal in our house; so, Colby was very excited to get one from Aunt Kori and family.

But as much as she loves Frosty, he hasn't taken the place of Bert and Ernie.

Grandpa Rankin made her a barn for her tractors.


Look at all the space in here to house my Thomas the Train collection too!!

And of course, it's fun to climb on too!


Let me help you out here, Grandma Rankin


Kori showing a treasured gift. Our Grandma Rankin made each of us grandkids a homemade stocking just like that. Kori had lost hers and Dad and Raylene found it a few months back in a box at their house. Kori was glad to have it back!

After a long day, there was one last standoff over toys, but despite the standoff, we all had a great time!!!

Thanks for checking in!!!!

Kelly

11 comments:

Cydil said...

That is one cool barn! Your dad could sell those! (hint, hint -- I know a little boy in KY who will soon need such a storage place for his growing tractor collection too!)

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed the pics. Tell Cydill I would be glad to built a barn or machine shed for him. Just let me know. It was a grear day. We enjoy watching the kids unwrap their gifts. I'm beginng to sound like your Grandma Rankin. P.S. I'm not sure I spelled Cydill's name right. Love & God Bless Dad & Raylene

The Bible Family said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

P.S. - My mom makes stockings just like your Grandma Rankin made.

sara t said...

Kelly - the barn is GREAT! That will be a forever keepsake for Colby - my brother still has the one my dad made him when he was a toddler.

Looks like a great time and LOVE the tshirts!!

The Machlitt Family said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! There were some really good ones! Especially of me! Ha Ha!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Kelly! I loved the ones with red shirts everywhere! :)
And when doesn't Colby pout? :) Just kidding! Haha~
Love ya!
Kendall

Anonymous said...

When I saw Frosty I thought Ernie had been replaced. Then low and behold he's back! I so enjoy your commentary with your posts. You always get a chuckle out of me> Have a blessed holiday.
Connie

online bus booking said...

I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you book-marked to see new things on your site.

- car rental services | car rental india | car rental in india

Mobile Concrete said...

I was able to find good information from your blog posts.

- Concrete Plants | Road Sweeper | Concrete Mixer

handicrafts of india said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

- handicraft from india | handicrafts in india | handicraft in india

oil filler said...

Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing such things, thus I am going to let know her.

- oil circulation windows | oil level glasses | oil filler