Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Please commiserate with me!!!

As most of you know, they have delayed our cabinets repeatedly over the last two months. We have been without a kitchen since the first week of April! First, they were supposed to be done at the end of April, then mid-May, then by Memorial Day weekend, then June 4th. Now they're promised for the week of June 4th with the guarantee that if they're not installed by that Friday we get all of our money back! Yesterday we did get our new appliances though! Which was quite exciting! And, no...we didn't go stainless...I didn't want to have the fingerprint problems that some of our friends have with them!

Below please see a picture of my current kitchen in our dungeon-basement...and yes!...I'll take anyone's pity at this moment!

Kim, I promise I'll get pix uploaded this weekend of the rest of the house....wanted to wait for my 3-day weekend though to get a good cleaning in before I took pictures!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't moving GREAT!!! I feel your pain sista!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail

bug seth tua pip said...

I don't know, Kelly...you might be on to something here. The frige and range in the dining room (I think? Or possibly, a bedroom) looks quite high society. Perhaps you will be holding your pinky up when preparing your next meals. Also, great idea not going with stainless...I've heard horror stories. I hope the cabinet people follow through this time. It is nice to see some pictures of your house ;) BTW, did you keep Lillie? She looked quite at home!
Jenny

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Yes, we still have Lillie right now...right now we're leaning towards keeping her. She's a very nervous dog, though. Which makes us nervous about her...she can be skittish.

The fridge and oven are in what will be the kitchen...should we every get cabinets!

By the way, love the pictures of Tua this morning playing with her feet...she is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly!!
I can't believe you haven't gotten your cabinets!!! And what if they're not done by June, you'll have to order from somewhere else? And how long will that take to get them? Or will you go to the Amish Outlet Store? Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the house! Mom

Anonymous said...

We'll go to the Amish Outlet store. I keep visiting them over my lunch-hour stalking the new cabinets they put out...putting my Plan B into place!

Anonymous said...

Kelly--

Look on the bright side--your new appliances are definitely the center of attention in the current room with nothing else there ;)

Can't wait to see the pictures of the place.
Brea

Cydil said...

We went black (with our appliances) and love it. Very sleak. Looking forward to seeing more picts of your new home! Cydil

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's been a week or more and no pictures!!! Are you STILL cleaning? You didn't have to clean on our account, we'd love to see pictures of your house, messy or clean!! Or did you find something better to do last weekend?

Anderson said...

Cabinets? Anything?
I worked overtime this week getting new pictures of Jacob up and still nothing from the McCormicks! Or the James' on the Rankin blog! Or the Machlitt's either (Kori really needs to get internet at that new house!)