Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An April's Fool

It's April 1st, and I'm renewing my committment to eating better and exercising (although I'm having frozen pizza tonight for supper). Last week, myself and two of the ladies in my office decided to, once again, hire the trainer at our local gym to work out with us. As a group, it's very reasonable....12 sessions for $75...so, please don't think that I'm a snob even though it sounds snobby that we've 'hired a trainer.' We figured in the past we've all spent $75 on less important things than our health. So, tonight was our first session.

The trainer, Dennis, was talking about his schedule. I talked about how I hate getting home so late (I have a 40-minute drive after I leave the gym at 6:00) and somehow we made the decision to work out in the morning. So, FOOL that I am, for the next six weeks I will be leaving the house at 5:00 am to meet them to work out. I'll then shower at my colleague's house. First session is this Thursday. I AM A FOOL.

On a side note, here's a picture of a barn just north of our house that I love. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am stalking you!
anyway we were just tallking about trainers and I wnat Jillian from bigget loser to come and make me move my bum!!!
that is a very nice barn, Nick says hi and he likes the barn picture too!!

Anonymous said...

I envy you, even more so because you're splitting the cost!!! How's it going so far? Are you sleepy or is your early morning work-out giving you more energy?
Mom

Anderson said...

I too am envious! I have been doing really well with eating and working out during the week and then the darn weekend kicks my butt!!! I think I need Scott to take me on a trip to Florida again! That's what motivated me to lose the weight for my wedding!
I'm making a goal to be tanner and at least ten pounds lighter when I come down in June. If any of you call to chat, ask me how my progress is going. I've found that answering that question has motivated me in the past!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Can you get a tan from snow? I am not sure that is possible.