Monday, April 7, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one-year anniversary of living in our house! Why is that such a big deal? Because it's the first time in many years that we're not planning a move of some kind. Let's recount the moves over the last several years, shall we?

Rock Island, IL, house - February 2000-January 2001
Normal, IL, townhouse - January 2001 to May, 2003
Grandma's house (while my house was being built) - May-Sep. 2003
Bloomington, IL, house - September 2003-April-2004
Bettendorf, IA, condo - April 2004-May 2005
Tuscola, IL, house - May 2005-May 2006
Shelbyville, IL, house - May 2006-April 2007
Windsor, IL, house - April 7th, 2007-present

While Nick teases me about having to move my stuff for the last three moves, I do think he kind of misses the painting and remodeling we end up doing at each home. The last two weeks he's been restoring parts of the barn and milkhouse. I think it's a sign he misses my remodeling projects he gets suckered into!!

2 comments:

Anderson said...

Nice bit of info. I didn't realize you were at some of those houses as long as you were; or should I say that you were at most of those houses for a whole year. It never seemed like you lived in any that long besides your first house in Normal.
Well congratulations! I'm proud of your settling in!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

If Nick is missing home projects, why don't you two come up for a weekend or two? I've got several things that need to be done -- my porch rejuvenated, my baseboard trim put in, a new light, I mean two new lights to be installed, etc. etc. etc.!!!!!!!

I liked your list of houses, too. I'm sure there are some in the family who remember that you moved that frequently, but I had already forgotten!!!

How are the workouts going?
Mom