Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Two New Boyfriends | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

A few weeks ago I met up with my good friend Del Rae to photograph her two little boys, Colton and Ben. After three years of toy tractors and tonka trucks, their world is going to change this winter with the addition of a little girl.

So, to celebrate their 'boyness' Del Rae gave me only one direction for their new portraits: "I want them to be playing...playing in the dirt and mud...just like my boys like to do."

So, three Saturdays ago, we met up and I had the perfect place for Ben and Colton to display their boyness. We met at a beautiful, babbling little brook (shoot...that description sounds girly!...but it was!!)...ok, let's call it a great stream that someday a young man would want to hunt at....and the boys did what they do best. They played, got dirty, and had a grand ol' time.

I heard through another of our friends that Del Rae was joking later that the boys couldn't stop talking about how I took them to play in the water...and that she was pretty sure they were now my boyfriends! ;)

Below are a few of my favorites. Click here to see a few more!

Thanks for checking in!

At this point, Ben hadn't quite warmed up yet, but I love the look on his face. It kind of says, "Mom, are you SURE it's OK for us to play here and get all dirty?" Plus, I LOVE the colors in the background of this picture.

Orneriness incarnate. Colton and I like to play a little game where I yell, "John Deere is the best!" And, he yells back, "John Deere is acky, Kelly!"


Ben has warmed up...and is having a great time.


I loved the boys' wellies! But, again, I was corrected that they're only wellies on girls...on boys they're boots! I still love them!


Too much darn fun.


One of my favorites of the two boys together.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Kelly these turned out so good! The little boys are cute (and looking very ornery sometimes!) and the setting is just beautiful! I love the photo with them kicking at the water :) Another fine job!!!

Rankin Family said...

oh for cute! those boys are so sweet and I love their big brown eyes!!
great pictures!!!

Allison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! You make it so hard to choose - I'd have to get them all! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! LOVE,LOVE, LOVE these pics!!!! They are sooo perfect!!!! This is what I hope Henry looks like at that age, all boy, playing in the mud and dirty!!! :) Awesome job Kelly and tell DelRae her boys are adorable!!!

Carolyn

Brigit said...

I love this idea! These "real boy" moments are so awesome! Great job, Kelly!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I bet Adam and Del are thrilled. And snaps to you for getting out there in the trenches!
~Lisa