Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nerd-Fest 2010

So, I've had a couple of lecturing conversations with relatives over the last 24 hours from family members who are demanding updated pix of Colby. I'm sorry! But, it's like I told my sister Kim, the last two weeks have been a bit of 'nerd-fest' for me! First, I had, had, had to read Sarah Palin's autobiography (excellent, btw, for my friends who are 'to the right of the right'). Then, my mom bought me two follow-up novels for Christmas to Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice...so, my nose was buried in those until I finished them. However, that made me only want to watch the movie(s); so, spent two nights watching the Keira Knightley version (so that no one's wondering - I watched it twice...it didn't take me two nights to watch it once). Then, I called blockbuster to see if they had the A&E/Colin Firth/6-hour version to rent. They didn't have it to rent....BUT, they had it on sale for $10! So, I hightailed it to Effingham Monday night to buy it and spent Tuesday night and Wednesday night watching the 6-hour version of the movie (so that no one's wondering - I watched it once spread over two nights).

I don't think I have my nerd-fest done yet (I have the movie Elizabeth: The Golden Age DVR'd); however, I will take 15 minutes over my lunch hour today to throw some pix of Colby out on the blog to let everyone know that she's alive, doing well, and that I promise I only resume my nerd-fest after she's gone to bed at night!!!

To those who have requested videos of Colby walking...I'll post them soon!

Kelly

Mmmmm....spaghetti.

One of my favorite toys: the Tylenol bottle. Geesh...what does that say about my child?

Colby got two new booster seats for Christmas...she's trying out one of them here. Btw, Colby's first haircut is scheduled for next week.

Reading her very first Pottery Barn catalog...

Oh, oh...there's a little bit left from supper on the seat of my high chair...I better get it before mom gets over here with that washcloth to wipe it up. Once again, geesh, what does that say about my child?

15 comments:

The James Gang said...

I'm glad to see that Colby takes after her Aunt Karen by walking around with the Tylenol bottle. Way to go, Colby! Tylenol will always make you feel better!

Anonymous said...

She is just too darn cute!! I love her hair, I was like two when I got my first haircut!!

Have you seen the Jane Austin books that also include zombies?? Very cool. We all need to go out for dinner some night!!

Rhiannon

Sister Sara said...

She is looking more like a child and less like a baby.....
She is super cute and I love that hair! My Kate would be jealous as can be - she is 2 and still waiting for some flowing locks!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! You can't cut her hair!!! It's too cute!!! I love playing with it! :) As for your nerd-fest 2010, don't feel bad! Tony got me a library card for X-mas and I've read 7 books in like 2 weeks! Best X-mas present ever!!! :) If you ever need someone to share your nerdom with, call me! :)

Carolyn

Brigit said...

Both of my boys loved, loved, loved their tylenol bottles. They would chew and chew on them. I can still remember that squeaking sound :)

Allison V said...

What a nice surprise to see an updated post. Nothing better when wanting to kill 10 minutes at work to surf the internet! :) Love the pics of Colby and agree with Sara - she is losing her baby looks and moving right into toddler mode!

Anonymous said...

I read your last three Twilight books over Christmas. they were very good. If you ever want to rent out your 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice let me know. I haven't seen that one forever.
Great pics of Colby. Love her smile
ERIN :)

The Machlitt Family said...

Amelia also loves the Tylenol bottle and I am relieved that I am not the only one with a child who gets excited when they see it!
Ben told me that Colby was getting her first haircut and I could not believe it till I saw that picture! OMG, she has got some hair, are you giving her some sort of organic hair supplement? If so, fill me in! Ha Ha!
Can't wait to see her nexsst week, maybe Amelia and her will show us that they are going to be best buds now that they will both be walking!
Love ya!
Kori

Brittany said...

YAY for new photos!!

I love Colby's longer hair, too but hopefully she does well with her first haircut. I was told I was bald until I was two so I'm jealous she has hair to cut so soon :)

Also love the HUGE grin on her face when she's clutching that Tylenol bottle.... she must REALLY like the drugs! Just kiddin!

Anonymous said...

haha...I am glad you are going to get her haircut..can it grow anymore?? Geesh! I am not used to one of my nieces having so much fun crazy hair! Can't believe how fast she is growing! And I love that she gets every last bite of food!!

Love you!
Kendall

Sarah said...

Kelly...
You should have called. I have the A&E DVD! Got it for my birthday a couple of years ago!!! Thanks for the pictures. Hope you had a nice Christmas. I am enjoying my snow days:)
Sarah

Anderson said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! She doesn't even look like the same child!!! You have got to start posting more often!!! I don't even recognize my niece!! Her hair is soooo long! The first haircut is crazy! She'll look so grown-up afterwards!
Thank you so much for posting some pictures and I can't wait to see her walking and talking on a video soon!!!!

Kim

The Bible Family said...

And just think a year ago, you thought you wouldn't have a need for a brush for the baby for at least a couple years!

I think Colby is going to have to come show Brody the ropes of walking. He will take a couple steps and then plop.

Grandma Budke said...

Great pictures of Colby,you can see that everyone is excited about
this post.There will be a UPS deli-
very for Miss Colby before her par-
ty Saturday,I hope!Rubber duckies and hedgehogs and since I'm going to Peoria tomorrow,I'll get more books for her.
Love to all of you, Grandma Budke

Grandma Cooper said...

In case you haven't read the comments on Amelia's blog: I'M BACK!!!! Stacy and Mike brought a laptop for me to use since I can't go down the stairs to use my desktop. Love those two!!!!!

Love the pictures and can't wait for Saturday to get here!!!! I'm so anxious to see Amelia and Colby together!!! Be sure to post a picture after the haircut, I can't wait til Saturday to see it!!!