Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For the first time, this past week Colby got sick. She woke up last Sunday morning coughing and hacking. It got worse day by day with a runny nose and congested chest. After two trips to Walgreens, a purchase of a Vick's humidifier, and countless medicines deemed 'safe' for kids, I finally took her to the doctors on Thursday, where we also found out she had an ear infection. Poor girl. She's still got a bit of the runny nose, but her mood is back to happy-to-lucky for the most part. Here are a few pics from the week.


I'm just going to lay here with my boppy pillow and watch VeggieTales while I don't feel well.

Had to include this picture so that I could show the cute PJ's Aunt Kori got Colby! It's two pieces with the button-up shirt and little collar on it. So darn cute.


Once again, with my boppy pillow, a blanket, and my Veggie Tales.



She was starting to feel a little bit better at this point. I had my camera and her both on my lap and was trying to take pictures of her, but she's discovered that the pictures play on the back of the camera now; so, she's always trying to get a hold of the camera to see the pictures.



Grasping for the camera while I'm trying to take a picure...hence the out-of-focus pic.


Me grabbing her grabby little arm right when I hit the shutter button.


Her look of frustration that I won't let her have the camera.


And the tears now begin.


During happier times: Colby found this pair of underpants in a box of hand-me-downs, and I kept putting it on her head, which she thought was pretty funny.
Thanks for checking in!





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little girl!! Those ear infections are miserable! Jacob's notorious for getting them whenever he has a bad cold! I hope she doesn't have the same troubles!!
She's gotten so big! It's hard for me to even picture her walking around, let alone talking and everything else she's started doing since I saw her last!

Thanks for posting!
Love ya,
Kim

Grandma Cooper said...

Poor thing!!! But really, if this is the first that she's been sick, how lucky you are!!! I don't think you girls ever had any ear infections so I hate to hear that she has. Let's hope this is the only one!!! The owl pj's are so darn cute and I love the pants on the head picture!!

LiveLoveRodeo said...

I like her spin on the ol' finger-sucking! :)

The Bible Family said...

LOVE the owl pj's!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I just can't get over how fast Amelia and her are growing up! They look SO differenet from when I saw them at Thanks Christmas and I don't know if I like that! Make them stop growing so fast! :)

Love you!
Kendall

Brittany said...

Awww what a bummer to be sick, but at least the weather isn't nice yet where she would be missing out on playing outside! And like everyone said - it's amazing that this is the first time she has been sick! Hope she gets to feeling better soon - for her sake and for yours :)

Love the pjs too by the way!!!

Anonymous said...

I am some what comforted by the fact that other kids are miserable when they are sick also. I am lucky that Amelia has not had an ear infection yet. Poor Colby! At least she had her VeggieTales to ehlp her through it though! I am glad the pajamas fit and I also think she looks super cute in them! She is starting to look like a little girl and not a baby anymore!
Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I am also so jealous that she sits and watches tv when she doesn't feel good! Henry thinks that if he's sick, somehow running on the couch back and forth will make him feel better! Have to get me some Veggie Tales movies for her at my house and see if Henry takes an interest!

Carolyn