Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 1 Report

So, Day 1 of the crackdown went well.

Breakfast - 2 eggs, scrambled...courtesy of my wonderful husband who asks me every single morning, "What do you want for breakfast this morning?"

10 am snack - 1 cup carrots and 1 cup pumpkin soup (I know...sounds gross...it was. I was trying to re-create this pumpkin soup I'd had once. It was one of the couple of my times while working for Deere that I got to eat in the executive dining room. Theirs was so much more like a pumpkin custard or pudding...sweet, yummy...more like a dessert vs. a soup. Mine was the low-fat, healthy version...not as good.)

2:00 lunch - turkey sandwich and 1 cup peaches

Supper - spinach salad with blue cheese, tomato, oil and vinegar.

Exercise - 1/2 hour aerobics.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Kelly! Go Kelly! Wow, maybe you will inspire us all to eat healthy! However, we have all tried to buckle down and do it but without great results! I am rooting for you though!!!!!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

Where's Day 2? Don't peter out yet!!!! Mom

Anonymous said...

I've got a great low-fat black bean soup recipe (a la Panera) and a tasty and low-fat Crock Pot tortilla soup recipe to support your efforts. let me know if you're interested!!!
Brea

Anonymous said...

Kelly
I'm keeping track of you just like your mom. Are you still exercising at 8:15 pm?
Connie Friedrich

Anderson said...

Kelly,
We up north are also making an effort to buckle down and get to work. Scott lost 15 pounds throughout the cattle sales and I bought one of those huge balls and love it! It's not fifteen pounds, but I figure it's a start!
Remember how we were going to be the smokin' hot sistas! We can do it! Keep it up! It's our turn, remember! I WILL get rid of the extra pounds Jacob so graciously left me and get back into the swimsuit I wore on my honeymoon!

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Hi, Connie!

No...in my old age, I can't exercise anymore at 8:15 and still get to sleep at a decent hour. I try every day to do it over my lunch hour. My boss graciously pays for a gym membership for each of us. If not, I do it as soon as I get home. Believe it or not, my aerobics of choice is that old Jackie Sorensen tape!! It rocks 20 years later!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Get Brea's recipes, I'd like to try them!!!! Mom