Sunday, June 15, 2008

Family Pictures: Part 1

Here are a few family pictures from the dinner at Dad's last weekend. Sorry it took so long to get these posted. I had planned to get them edited, posted, burned to a disk, and mailed out to everyone this Saturday, but I had a pleasant surprise in a couple of my sisters visiting this weekend; so, I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped to on Saturday!



Allie and Jaret (sorry if I'm mispelling Jaret!!)



The three stooges.


Jaret NEVER cries. He's the happiest baby ever.



And the slobberiest :) It took some photoshopping to get one close-up without some good ol' slobber. Note to self: Next time you take pictures of a baby, keep a burp rag nearby.



I love this picture of Jacob...not only is it a good picture of him, but it's also true to his 18-month old habit of having his tongue sticking out constantly.



Emma came out to do test shots with me to test the light out before all the other kids came out. I think, hands down, this is the best picture I've ever taken of Emma. I simply love it.


Dad built the mini hayrack and his colleague Jeff restored my old John Deere pedal tractor for all of the grandkids to get their pictures taken on. It looked great!



Our very own version of the "You been farming long?" picture.


Lesson learned: When shooting large numbers of small kids, you can't have a lot of people present. I don't think I had a single picture where all the kids were looking at the camera...they were all looking at their parents or anyone else who was yelling at them to smile. So, I guess next time we'll have to have a bit more 'controlled' environment with not as many people around!

I'll post more after I get home from a business trip this week! My goal is to have everything in the mail to you guys this Saturday.

Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Emma didn't have her eyes shut, Anna did!!!! These are all good, Kelly, but I have to say that I love the picture of Emma (the test shot), the one of Jacob on the tractor, and the "How long you been farming?" picture!! It's impossible to get a good picture of everyone, when you've got several kids, just look at our old family pictures!!! Grandma Cooper

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great Kelly! Thanks for doing that! I think you got a good one of Karen's girls and that Jaret is so stinkin' cute!! I can't wait to see more of them.

Anonymous said...

That was me, Kim, who posted the last comment.