Friday, June 27, 2008

I Love My Family: Part 2

I am heading to MN (aka "the great Nort") next week to celebrate the 4th of July with my sisters Kim and Kendall. My aunts Stacy and Gail are going...along with my mom. Gail and I have made this 4th of July trip for many years (except last year, I think). This is Mom and Stacy's first time to experience staying up until 3 am playing cards and sitting on Kim's deck until 1 pm drinking coffee until we're downright shakey.


Today, this box arrived in my office for me. Courtesy of Kendall, I now have Elton John sunglasses, a party hat, and crazy beads to wear for the big 4th of July party. And, for those of you going with me next week, don't laugh....she sent some for you too! :)


Thank you, Kendall! Can't wait to see you next week! Love you! Kelly



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You'll be so festive for the weekend! We are all, including our friends and Scott, so excited for your arrival!!!! Can't wait!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited - can't wait to visit with all. No way did she send hats/glasses for all of us!

Anonymous said...

haha...AWESOME!!! I love them..and those colors look so good on you...you should probably wear them the whole trip up here! Love you and I absolutely can not WAIT until you all get up here!! YAY!!

Loves ya!
Kendall :)

Anonymous said...

And I probably WON'T experience staying up until 3 a.m. playing cards this year, either. That is WAY PAST my bedtime, and I imagine Jacob and I will be elsewhere, sound asleep!!! (Thanks, Kendall, for the hat and sunglasses!! I WILL probably wear them some time over the weekend. You're so funny!!)
Mom

Anonymous said...

okay...everybody going on this trip, I'm sorry to say I didn't send a hat for everybody..only one hat, so you all will have to take turns..no fighting now! However, there are a few extra pairs of those awesome sunglasses! YAY!!

Kendall

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

It sounds to me like Mom's excited about the hat; so, I'll be a giver and let her wear it for the entire trip!