Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chris and Katy's wedding


This past weekend, my friend Jennifer's sister Katy got married (did you follow that?!). A couple of months ago Jennifer asked if I would hang around with them for the day and capture some of those little things that happen before and during preparation for the big moment. It was so much fun! Katy and Jennifer's family was very gracious and welcoming, and I hope that I caught a few things for them that were going on in the background that others maybe hadn't noticed! And, actually, some from the foreground were pretty darn fun too! Here's thirteen...of my 600 favorites!


Yep! These were Katy's shoes...hot pink! I loved them! I could never have pulled it off, but they were perfect on Katy!



Katy's mother helping her get ready.


Katy relaxing and chit-chatting before heading to the church. Notice the hot pink garter!


Katy and her mother.


Katy and her Dad.


There was many people taking pictures!


Chris completing some mid-game stretches!


Katy's sister Michelle is on the left. She's due with their first baby in just a few weeks. Jennifer is on the right. She's due with their first baby in December. It's going to be a pretty exciting fall and winter for the Yakey family!


Katy and the groomsmen.


Jennifer will hate me for including this picture of her and her husband Kurt Bible, but I love it! And, I think that Baby Bible is going to love it 20 years from now!


Congratulations, Chris and Katy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should quit your day job and do this full time! Can't wait to see the rest.

Jen

P.S. - I don't even mind the picture of Kurt and I...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Hi! I was referred to your blog by Michelle Ellis, Katy's sister - you did a fantastic job with these pictures! I cannot believe that you were not the professional, you should be! Michelle and Jen look so cute with their baby bellies!

Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly~

I just want to say that if I ever get married...I am hiring you to do my pictures. They are awesome!!!!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

did it again! awsome!!!
I am always in aww after looking at your picture!

Ryan, Brea, Carter, and Addison said...

Just let me know when you're ready to go full-time...everyone who sees your pics is like, "WOW!!"

Brittany said...

I agree!! You are crazy good at this photography thing. These look totally professional. I can't wait for the next post for more! You rock!

Brittany

Anonymous said...

As your grandmother,I must tell you a that you have a remarkable
talent and eye for photography and
that's what it takes...to see a subject and background and snap it
together to make a portrait; these and the pictures of the little girl as well as those you've taken
before of the children in our family are great!!!I agree with Jen and Britt, Love, Grandma Budke

Anonymous said...

Good job Kelly Ann!!! They look great! When are we starting that wedding business again?

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kelly I have to agree with everybody that your pictures are awesome! Good job! Your are hired for my engagement pictures (since you've already planned half my wedding anyway) however you can't do that wedding, you're a bridesmaid so you'll be too busy. But really, awesome pictures Kel!
Kendall :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
I showed some people here at work these pictures and they all thought these were the professional photos. You did a fabulous job and I definitely can't wait to see more. Thanks for putting up with our crazy family for the day.
Thanks again.
Katy Jones

Anderson said...

Aren't there more? I thought you'd have more up by now.

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Kelly! I've learned so much from you these last months--some about photography, too!

But I must say...the grammar under the little girls...really now! :)

Keep up the great photos!

Jennifer