Thursday, October 15, 2009

Colby update | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

Colby is nine months old tomorrow! To celebrate her birthday, I've loaded some videos of her below.

She is speed-crawling and getting into EVERYTHING. She knows what 'no' means, but still loves to chew on electric cords and get into my desk drawers. She has been pulling herself up to anything for the last several weeks is getting pretty daring about letting go and standing on her own for several seconds. Last night as I was sitting on the floor near where she was standing, and she took a lunge at me. I wouldn't call it a first step, but maybe a first try?

She's still a good sleeper and is also a good eater. She likes her veggies just as much as her fruits, which is good. She's started refusing the bottle quite a bit lately; so, Carolyn has been feeding her mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks when she refuses her bottle. Since she turns nine months tomorrow, I'm thrilled to move her up to the "Next Step" formula which is less expensive. Woot!

To celebrate her birthday, I've included three videos below. The first is of her taking a bath in the sink. She's a regular Michael Phelps in the bathtub, but sometimes I don't want to clean up the mess and the kitchen sink works so nicely for that. Second is a video of her motoring around the kitchen in her walker. The camera threw her off, but normally she can maneuver around the table and chairs, into the mudroom, and back again. The last video is of her having an "Aunt Kim" moment. When we were little, Kim would toddle up to Karen and I as we were eating ice cream on the couches on opposite sides of the living room. She'd lean up against the couch and say, "mmmm bite?"....which translated to, "Can I have a bite, please?" We'd give her a bite and when she'd want another we'd make her toddle across the living room and get the next bite from the other sister. We were eating supper in the living room tonight and Colby was obsessed with eating my broccoli; so, I let her eat small pieces off my jeans (mother of the year here!).


9 comments:

Allison said...

...there aren't any videos on my screen....

Allison said...

I just fell out of my chair laughing at the broccoli video...what a smooth transition from Nick taping then him taping you and then all of a sudden you have the camera! I don't think I've ever let Bryan use the camera for the sheer reason of him having the chance of putting me on film - yikes! :) Thanks for the videos - and the good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Love the broccoli video! I have to agree with Allison about the "changing of hands"! Too funny! Also love how she grabbed for more off your plate! Her and Henry will stand at my legs when I am eating and just watch me, waiting for me to drop something, I think! :)

Carolyn

Brigit said...

Um, could she be any cuter? I think not! About the walker video...they make a liar out of you every single time! The minute you say they can do something they suddenly regress until the camera goes away!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for videos of Colby! She has such a cute smile and personality! I just love her and am so excited to spend the weekend with her! She is too cute!
Amelia has gotten very good at getting us to give her bites! It seems that she will eat anything on our plates because it must be good if we have it!
Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

I don't know how she does it, but she manages to get cuter all the time!!!

Rhiannon

Anonymous said...

I love the broccoli video too. Especially the reaching for the stuff on the plate. She looks like she is thinking, "oh... almost have it, just a little bit further" And that great smile at the end. SO CUTE! This has been a very ho hum morning at work, and that made me smile, so thanks!
ERIN

Brittany said...

She looks (and IS) so big now!! And the smile at the end of the broccoli video is awesome - she could be a Peanuts character with that big grin! I don't know if I've ever seen a kid so happy to get broccoli in my life :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly
I loved the commentary that went along with the videos. I do believe that she maneuvers around with her walker. You do have a nice size sink and I agree with you, multi-tasking! Your little girl is becoming too big too fast. Keep the blogs coming. Connie
PS I'm working on my picture order!