Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Colby is Famous!

Most of you know that I spent a lot of my weekends this last summer heading to Kentucky to help my childhood friend Cydil shoot weddings. It's amazing what I learned from her, and I'm hoping to possibly head down there again once or twice this coming summer to do it again!

Cydil was one of the first people that learned Nick and I were expecting. I will never forget the weekend I told her. I had driven down to KY early that Saturday morning. So, I got up at 4:30 in order to get ready and begin the six-hour drive to Cydil's house. We drove to the wedding and did our work. The wedding was at the bride's parents' house, which was beautiful. I couldn't believe all of the white tents and flowers. There was even a separate tent for serving lemonade and water to the guests prior to the wedding beginning since it was a REALLY hot July day. At the reception, the bride asked if we could stay later then Cydil had contracted for. We ended up leaving the wedding around 1 am to being the 1 1/2 hour drive back to Cydil's house. So, in effect, I had been awake for just a little short of 24 hours. I was so thankful to Cydil when she saw me as a melted puddle in the middle of the reception and told me to go rest for a bit in the car. I was so thankful for those 20 minutes of rest in my first trimester!!

The other day Cydil posted this announcement featuring Colby on her photography blog for all of her brides to read about. Click here to read it!

Right now, Colby is in her crib fighting a nap (seriously, when you're three weeks old, what are you wanting to stay up for??? You can't even see much beyond two feet!!). I have a TON of pictures to post of her from over the last week, but because I haven't transferred them from my camera yet, and because blogs are WAY more fun when there's pictures, here are a few pictures from the above referenced wedding.






















2 comments:

Cydil said...

Awww, Kelly. What fun memories! Pics 2, 3, & 4 ended up in their album!!!
Are you serious? I would be thrilled if you could come down again! YAY! Can you hear me cheering from KY?

Anderson said...

This is cheating Kelly.
How did your night end up last night?! I hope you got some sleep!