Saturday, July 25, 2009

Come to the Fair! | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

Right now I'm in the Minnesota visiting my two sisters with my mom. Colby and I took off yesterday with my mom, but before we hit the road for the 12-hour drive to the great white nort', we headed to the county fair to watch my niece Emma show cattle at her first 4-H fair! She took two heifers, Tina and Darla. Originally, she was taking Tina and Pedro; however, Pedro was a little skittish...probably because he was blind in one eye....so, Darla was subbed in for Emma's first fair! I took pictures, of course!
Emma, congrats on your ribbons and your great job at your first fair!

Colby was quite intrigued with everything going on. There was so much to watch!

Emma in the show ring.

Keeping the heifer happy while the judge checked it out.

Family friend Eric helped Emma out in the ring.

Colby was fascinated with the whole scene.

Emma and her Dad strategizing in the corner. :)

Smiling at the crowd.

After the show. I love the grooming comb in her back pocket.

Displaying her ribbons for the camera. Her mom asked her if she wanted to show again next year. Emma said, "Yeah!"

After the show, Anna walked us down to show us the garden she and Emma took care of as part of their Jr. Master Gardner project that Grandma Budke helps supervise for the county.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how old Emma looks! (Or I guess how old she IS - when did that happen?). She looks like a pro showing the heifers and apparently the judges thought so too from the looks of the ribbons she got! Way to go Emma!!

And Anna's garden looks amazing - she can come tend to our garden anytime!

Brittany said...

Oh and I almost forgot - Colby is getting so big I can hardly believe it. The looks on her face a great - you can tell she is just amazed by it all :)

Rankin Family said...

Congratulation Emma!!! we were looking at the pictures and are so proud!!!
Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Emma and Anna great job to the both of you. Anna I wished you would have taken me down to the garden. If grandma Budke helped, you had a good teacher.Emma you did a fantastic job showing.Congrats to the whole family for working together to get this done. Ella I have to say you did a excellent job of sweeping.I think Colby is taking it all in so she is ready when it is her turn Grandpa and Grandma Rankin

Aunt Stacy said...

Congratulations Emma!! Sorry we were out of town for your 1st fair. You did an awesome job - I could never handle a cow for sure!!! Anna - the garden looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

I think 4-H and projects agree with the whole family. How fun! Congrats on all of your ribbons.
Connie

The James Gang said...

Chris and I are both so proud of Emma and the job she did showing. We're both looking forward to doing it again next year. Thanks Kelly, for coming up and watching and for posting the pictures. For more pictures, check out our blog, I just posted. Colby is too cute in the pictures at the fair!