Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Outside of the House....

Well, I spoke to Kori this afternoon and this is kind of how the conversation went....

Kelly: Kim requested pictures of the outside of the house on the blog.
Kori: Yeah, I saw that.
Kelly: I was hoping that no one would want to see the outside of the house and would be happy with the pix from the inside.
Kori: It's not that your house is bad, Kelly.
Kelly: I know it's just, well....
Kori: Dated?
Kelly: Yes, Brady Bunch'ish.

So, here are the pictures of the outside, but please imagine it with the new windows that will go in later this fall, new siding (taking votes here...either tan with black shutters or a muted olive green with black shutters), and new landscaping!






Please note that these pictures are from before we bought it...I haven't really taken any since, but besides the weeds getting cleaned up and many of the bushes being torn out, it's pretty much the same!

7 comments:

Anderson said...

I like it...I really like it! Kendall and I both said at the same time, "Oh, I love the color of the brick!"
I say, no green, it will go out of style before the tan. That's just my opinion.
Kendall says the brick is too red for a green and it would be a Grandma Rankin house. Even though that was lime and this wouldn't be.
So, I guess we both vote tan!

Anderson said...

Also...we believe the bushes date it more than anything else. So, once you get new siding and assuming you'll add your own touch of landscaping, it will totally be an "ex-Brady Bunch'ish" home

Anderson said...

YAY you put links on! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a current picture of the front doors!!!!!

Anderson said...

What is with the front doors? Mom has asked this numerous times!

Anonymous said...

Personally I like the green idea. I don't think it will get old as green is a natural color as is tan. And what is it about the front doors????

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Grandma Budke said...

Kelly, your house has so much potential and the inside definitely shows the Kelly Touch.
I'm certain the outside will dis-
play it when you've finished with
it. BUT--- you should know that a garden or landscape is ALWAYS an
unfinished project, there's something more to be added or taken away, each time you walk
through.If you want some perrenials
or hostas that can take sun, let
me know when you're ready. I also
have daylillies that could stand division. I vote for the tan siding
as well.