Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pictures of the house...finally....I'm sorry!

OK, here are pictures of the house post-remodeling. There will be more coming later, but I thought I would get these out there this evening yet!

Living Room_Before




Living Room After




Dining Room. By the way, this light was one of my favorite buys....$35 on Ebay!



Grandma, do you recognize this picture? It's my favorite...the one you got me for Christmas several years ago. I like how it represents Noah's Ark as dark and stormy vs all light and cheery.



Kitchen before





Kitchen eating area...cabinets area to follow later this week!




Mudroom before:



Mudroom after. By the way, Nick and I are pretty proud of our tiling job in this room....it took us forever though...we were up til midnight the night we did it! Also, one of my favorite things we've done is to put this huge closet pantry in place of those little cabinet pantries!





Foyer Before



Foyer and hall after


7 comments:

bug seth tua pip said...

Wow! You guys have done a ton! It looks great. I wonder which chair is Luther's? Is it in the dining room, or does he prefer the loveseat in the living room?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenny -- WOW!!! It looks great!! I'm really impressed with your tiling job, just let me know when you're up to helping us do our bathroom!!! I love the stained glass window in your dining area off the kitchen, but wonder why you didn't want to keep the mural on the wall!?!?!? (Didn't you paint a picture of yourself in there somewhere?) Can't wait to come down and see everything; how about a picture of the outside of your front doors?

Anonymous said...

YOU DIDN'T KEEP THE MURAL???? Kelly it looks great, love the wood floors and the new carpeting. I can't wait to see it. Stacy and I are trying to come up with a date to come for a visit.

Take Care,
Aunt Gail
PS: Hi to Nick!!

Anderson said...

Again Gail!

Funny how you and Stacy are making plans to visit everybody else in this family! We, up north, see how we rank!

Anderson said...

By the way Kelly, your house looks great! Can't wait to see it in July when I'm down! Thanks for the pictures!

Grandma Budke said...

I can understand why you can't work
on the outside, after seeing all
you've accomplished on the inside!!
Your house is absolutely beautiful and the tile work is outstanding!!!
You and Nick should be very proud, even though Nick looked a little
tired of it all.
Loved the pix of the dogs on the
mattress,they looked very content.
Yes, I remember the picture, had to rack my brain to remember where
I had found it(in Lincoln at an art
store). I agree the lighting of the picture and its contrast makes
the meaning clear.
Well,I've gotta get up early and
get some work done in the gardens.
You should see my roses, they are gorgeous!!!!
Love to you both, Grandma B.

Cydil said...

Kelly! I LOVE the before and after photos! What a transformation! And that old carpet! My mom has a funny adjective I've never heard anyone else use that I think fits your old carpet pretty well: gorpy.
Glad to see your success with ceramic tile. Nathan and I are going to try it ourselves later this summer. I liked the border inset that you did and want to do that too. We'll look forward to an exterior shot sometime too. Take care, Cydil