Friday, January 23, 2009

1 Week Old!

Well, it's happened. So cliche'. I've lost track of my days. I thought it was Wednesday yesterday. Nick informed me that it was Friday this morning, and I realized that I forgot to call both Dad and Ella on their birthdays yesterday! So, Happy Birthday Dad and Ella one day late! I'm sorry! And, I can't believe Miss Colby is one week old already! Time is flying!

Colby is still doing well. This is the second night in the row that she's slept in three-hour segments. We go to bed around 10 pm. She gets up at 1 am and again at 5 am for feedings. Feedings take around an hour...she's not quick in the eating department, but hopefully that will change with age. After her 5 am feeding Nick gets up with her and they take a nap together on the recliner until I wake up. This is such a nice break for me! And, I think he likes to hold her for a couple of hours before he heads to work.

Yesterday Aunt Autumn and Cousins Claire and Ross came to visit. I didn't get too many pictures taken yesterday, but will have quite a few for tomorrow. Right now Colby is sitting in a bouncy seat for the first time. She's not smiling with joy...but she's not crying either. So, all is good!

Thanks for checking in! Love, Kel


Colby sleeping snuggly in her seat yesterday. Her cute sleeper is from our friend Jen!


During her visit with Cousin Claire.

2 comments:

The Bible Family said...

Colby you are too cute! You should have been born before Brody so you could teach him these great sleeping habits before he learned them on his own around 3 weeks old.

Brittany said...

I love that little sleeper outfit! So far she looks very content in her photos so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays like that for you :)