Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Come Out! Come Out! Wherever you are!

Dear Baby Mac,

It is time for you to come out. You have given me enough sleepless nights over the last three months that at this point your waking me up every two to three hours could be a good night's sleep. I know you have two weeks yet before you are due to arrive, but I think if you saw all of the great things we have for you, you will want to come sooner.



Like your new bed...with this great cool bedding that all of your aunts bought you. Notice there are no pink bows or blue sailboats. Your bedding is very simple and sophisticated!


And do you see the bible verse that your mom spent HOURS applying to the wall?!! These quotes don't stick to textured walls easily!!! But, I do hope you love the verse. I learned in a bible study that there's no actual bible verse that says there are guardian angels, but the belief that everyone has a guardian angel is taken from this verse in the book of Psalms.


These are just a few of the pictures of the people that will love you once you arrive! I have more to put up yet so that we can practice their names just like the pictures in my Grandma Rankin's den when I was growing up! Grandma and Grandpa Cooper gave you this dresser. Notice the subliminal message I've placed on top of the dresser. :)


We've put new windows in most of the house so that it will be a little warmer for you...but just a little warmer! We're not known to ever have the heat higher then the mid-60's!



Aunt Kendall gave us the decoration over the window in your room. It's my favorite verse in the bible and was read at our wedding.



Grandma and Grandpa McCormick contributed towards this new rocking recliner for you!


And, it's our turn to use the cradle from Grandpa and Grandma Rankin!

So, as you can see, everybody has contributed towards your arrival! So, come out, come out, wherever you are!...because your mother said so!

13 comments:

Brittany said...

Such a cute post :) Looks like mom and dad are ready and now just axiously awaiting Baby Mac! (As is the rest of the family!)

Cydil said...

Kelly -- where did you get the lettering for your Bible verse art? (BTW, Psalm 91 is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible) I don't have textured walls and would love to be able to do something similar. I've always wanted word art, but thought you had to do it free hand or hire an artist.

Anonymous said...

Cydil, I got it at Hobby Lobby. It's very easy to apply if you don't have textured walls!

Brittany said...

I have also found that you can order them online (and make your own custom ones!). I don't think they are horribly expensive but I don't have anything to compare it to. So neat!

Anonymous said...

There actually is some sort of home party thing that sells them too. i'll try to find out the name and let you all know. The party thing is really popular around here right now.

Aunt Gail

PS: I wish baby mac would hurry and get here too!! I'm so excited to find out what you have and what name you have picked!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been to one of the parties too. It's called 'upper case living.' You can check their website out. I actually ordered a quote at the party, but when I saw this one at Hobby Lobby, I liked it better. It only cost $15 too! I love cheap decorations that take up LOTS of wall space!

Anonymous said...

I was just going to post that it is called uppercase living. I haven't been to a party but a couple people in randy's family have them on their walls. What does the doctor say kelly?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm dilated to 'one and a wiggle' and he said I'd probably have the baby sometime in the next two weeks! How's that for an update?

Anonymous said...

I seriously teared up while reading this post! Talking with you Kelly (at what seems the wee hours of the morning sometimes) and hearing your anticipation brings back SO many memories! We can't wait for that phone call and for pictures to follow! All of my friends have been asking for the latest updates too!
Baby McCormick definitely has a "warm" place to call home!
I've been searching and searching for bible verses in the wall art for about a year and haven't been able to find them at Target, Kohl's or JoAnn's. I'll have to try to find a Hobby Lobby somewhere up here!
Thanks for the pictures!
Getting very excited!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

The room is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see it when I come home in March! I like the colors!

Love
Kendall

Brittany said...

You ornery, ornery MOM - You knew the whole time that you would be having her soon after this post! :)

Anderson said...

Kelly is a brat for keeping that secret from us! You know she just loved it that we kept wondering when Colby would get here and she knew for an entire week!

Anonymous said...

To be fair, I know several people that inducing didn't work for; so, I didn't want to tell everyone that we were going in and then it not work! In any case, Colby must be a very obedient little girl since she "came out" when I told her to!