Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally I got ahold of the computer.

I finally have a minute to tell you about some of the things that have been going on the last few days. I was resting peacefully when all of a sudden I got shoved out into the cold....not a pleasant experience. Here is what I have learned since then.

1) The minimum size for a house with children should be no less than 3000 sqft. We come with a lot of accessories and family visting us overnight. I relieze that we are small, but all of these other items need space.

2) The daytime is the best time for sleep, night is for midnight snacks and tv. (You can't have a midnight snack in the day.)

3) Don't look at me like i don't speak your language, b/c you don't speak mine either. And yours is hard to learn b/c everone thinks that "babytalk" is cute. We don't.

4) Don't complain about the dirty diapers, you have milk fifteen times a day and see if you can make it with out an accident.

5) Yes I cry when you put alcohol on my cord, hey you cut it, you deal with it.

6) Apparently no one likes me b/c for the first couple of days you kept handing me off to someone different every ten minutes.

7) I'll make a deal with you, you change my diaper now and i'll change yours in thirty years.

8) You look tired, get a nap, no one likes a sleepy babysitter.

9) Yes i do look different every day, let me shove you through a key hole and see if it takes you a little bit to get you figure back.

10) I really don't care how cute you think this outfit is, it hurts when you shove me arms and legs through there. Just put it on and leave it on already. You don't change clothes everytime you spill, I have seen you wardrobe.

11) Whats this i hear about a coin toss? You had nine months to pick a name and you start my life off like Monday Night Football!

Thanks for checking in there will be more later.

Colby Kathleen McCormick

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Colby!!!Loved the think-ing you're doing and at such a tender age yet,you go,girl!!!Your parents will try their darndest to
mold your thinking into theirs, especially the sleeping hours (and
eventually,you'll come around),but
just to keep them humble,keep it up
for a while,won't you?
Love to the newest great from your
Great-Grandma Budke

Anonymous said...

P.S.You might let Mom have a little
rest,now and then.Give her and your
Dad a hug from me, won't you?
Great-Grandma Budke

Anonymous said...

Kelly - I got a good laugh from this post! You have a real cutie on your hands - my girls are green with envy - as they were born with very little hair. My one year old has yet to ever have her hair really even combed!!! There is just nothing there!!

Congratulations and best of luck!
Sara (Allison's friend)

Anonymous said...

sara, thanks for leaving a comment! I have to admit though - this is my husband's creativity and not mine! And yes, we're amazed at the hair too since we both came from bald-baby families!!! Kelly

Brittany said...

HILAROUS. Gotta say #11 is my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

You keep Mom and Dad in line, Colby! Don't let them get away with anything: sleep, spare time, etc.!

Cute perspective, Nick!

Kim

Anonymous said...

So ok this is unrelated, but I am bored at work and surfing the internet at 01:30am. I found money! I went to unclaimed property websites for all the states I have lived in and found some cash! I also put in Rankin at the Illinois site, and Kelly and Karen both have unclaimed property or funds listed.
Karens says over $100. Kelly is listed twice!

Ben

Grandma Cooper said...

Karen and Kelly,
I wouldn't get too excited about Ben's message. I checked the IL unclaimed property and there are the names of Karen Rankin and Kelly Rankin but I don't think you've ever lived in the towns that are listed. Plus, the middle initial is wrong! Nice try, though, Ben!!!

Grandma Cooper said...

So I was just re-reading Colby's list here and I'm hoping that it will be longer than 30 years that she'll be changing her parents' diapers!!!! I can't speak for everyone and maybe things will fall apart faster than I anticipate (I've already found that out in other areas!!), but for us in the 55-60 year old span, I'm hoping the diapers won't happen for quite awhile yet!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Little Colby~
Just wait, your mom and Aunt Karen haven't given you an Indian name yet!!!
Kelly, congrats again, she's so beautiful!
Love, Mindy (meeker) Wendling