Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Facial Expressions

Brittany, your last comment was totally correct! We've concentrated so much on Colby's hair that we've all posted relatively few pictures of some of her facial expressions! So, really quickly while she was awake and alert yesterday I snapped a few pictures of her changing her facial expressions rather quickly. She was lying on the couch and the light wasn't the best, but here are just a few of her funny faces she makes!

On a separate note, yesterday was her 1-week appointment...even thought she was technically 11 days old. She's gained her birth weight and then some! She's now 8 lbs 6 oz! Her weight gain relieved her nervous new mother that she was getting enough to eat. We had an episode this week where we had tried giving her a bottle. She sucked it down so darn fast that it worried me that maybe she was hungry and not getting enough to eat. Never fear though! Evidently she wasn't hungry...just lacking portion control! She gets that from me, unfortunately.

Thanks for checking in! Kelly

Mom, why do you have that camera out AGAIN?

Look, I have a tongue.

Perhaps I'll slightly smile for one picture.


Checking her nails.


I have so many pictures of Nick with Colby. Last night he was walking through the living room and I asked him to take just a couple of pictures of me with her. As you can see, Frog is in her favorite stance.

12 comments:

The Bible Family said...

The first bottle Brody had was gone in five minutes...too bad he doesn't eat that quickly at every meal!

You are looking great! The little man and I will have to come visit soon.

Keep posting pictures!
jen

Anderson said...

She's adorable! These are great pictures, Kelly! You should print some of those and hang them. I love the newborn, innocent faces!

You do look really good! I hope you feel as well as you look!

I did the same thing, took gobs of pictures of Scott with Jacob then realized there weren't any with me!

Keep posting! She's changing so much and we don't want to miss it!

(One more month!! YAY!!)
Kim

Anderson said...

Okay, so after I post a comment I always go back and look at the pictures like a zillion more times and on the one where she's smiling I just noticed that it looks like she has dimples! Does she have dimples?!?! Or is that just a shadow?

Anonymous said...

These are the best pictures yet! Here faces are so cute! She seems to have changed so much in the past week!

Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

Yes, she has a slight dimple on her right cheek. I just wish she would smile more so I could see it more clearly!

I do feel well...and while I'm not back in pre-pregnancy clothes, I have lost most of my stomach already and am thrilled about it.

Anonymous said...

Kelly
What a sweetie! I guess you were right that we didn't see much of her face, just her hair. Take care. I've talked with 2 little girls that can't wait to see her this weekend. Enjoy these times.
Connie Friedrich

Anonymous said...

Good pictures Kel! You caught so many different expressions from her! I can't wait to see her..the end of February cannot come fast enough!

Love you- and congrats on losing most of the pregnancy weight..haha..

Kendall

Anonymous said...

You darn flat-stomach people! Drives me nuts!

Kim

The James Gang said...

I can't wait to hold her on Sunday! She has filled out a little more since I saw her last. The girls can't wait to see her!

Love you all! Yes, you too Nick!

kj

Anonymous said...

Bring Dip!!!

Thanks, Colby

Brittany said...

These pictures turned out great! I was so excited to see some of her facial expressions. It's amazing how babies have such personalities so quickly (and Colby is no exception). Can't wait to get to know her!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures however, I'm anxiously awaiting the next batch!!

Kim