Friday, October 18, 2013

Days 2 & 3 report

Mom gave me a little shout-out for not posting yesterday. She thought I'd given up already, but I haven't! I just didn't have time in the morning.

Both days went pretty much the same...eggs for breakfast, soup and carrots at 10 am (this time I did chicken noodle...much better then the pumpkin soup), turkey sandwich and fruit at 2, and salad for supper. I'll admit that I had a littlel run-in with a ham salad sandwich on Tuesday. I worked from home because of the ice and snow, and for some reason the little thing I'd bought at the deli this weekend, which I only do twice a year probably, was screaming at me from the fridge. I finally gave in, but oh well...you can't give everything up.

On the exercise front, I did aerobics again Tuesday night, and on Wednesday I did a really stupid thing...but one that will pay off in the long run. I went to the gym over lunch to run. I do this often, because I don't live in town; so, I have nowhere to go except the library or the gym. I got on the treadmill, and man!...it was a more difficult run then usual. But that's what happens sometimes. It seems harder then other days. Now, I don't make it a habit to look at the display much...I usually throw a towel over it so that I can't constantly glance at the display and monitor how far I've gone. With 3 minutes left in my run, I finally looked down and realized that I was running at an incline! No wonder it was so darn hard! The girls at work were all like "Isn't it great to know you can do that though." No, it's not! Because now, every time I run, if I'm not doing it at incline, I'm going to feel like a slacker! I would have preferred never knowing I could do this!

Anyways, have a good day! There'll be more tomorrow!

No comments: