Wednesday, October 16, 2013

No one likes a cold butt...or a fat one.

So, this weekend was the first one that felt something like spring. Nick's been outside cleaning the garage while I've been doing a bit of cleaning inside today. It's been nice. However, I had a thought a day or so ago that I have two weeks before I get on a plane and head to Vegas for a few days. Then I had the thought, "What clothes should I pack?"...and then panic set in. I knew I needed to go through my summer clothes that are packed away. Yikes! Which ones would fit well, because who doesn't put on a few pounds over the winter months?

So, I made the decision that for the next two weeks I was going to buckle down, eat healthy, and exercise daily. Now, I have made this promise to myself many times before; so, this time I decided to put it out there for everyone to see. Not only am I going to eat well and get back on the treadmill, but I'm also going to report daily, because I know, if anything, my sisters will at least keep me accountable. They can be harrassing like that. So, here it goes. In preparation for the next two weeks, I cut up masses of carrots today and made a low-fat soup to take in my lunch. I'm also later today going to have Nick measure my arms and legs so that I can really see if I've made in progress in the two weeks.

I will post tomorrow and let you know how Day #1 goes.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of our dogs...who evidently don't like sitting in the cold snow; so, they drag their dogbeds outside the garage every time it snows and sit on them in the middle of our yard. Weird (or smart?) pups.


No comments: