Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Richardson Family

A few years back I was involved in a group called the Illinois Ag Leadership Group...a group of 30 individuals in the state of Illinois that spends two years together studying both the domestic and international ag markets. At the end of the first year, we spend time in D.C. studying ag policy, and the end of the second year we take a 2-week trip abroad to study ag in a foreign country. This program is fantastic for exposing you to the many diverse facets of agriculture policy, markets, and infrastructure on an international basis. But, even more than that is how you get to spend two years with some of the most intelligent and fascinating people in Illinois agriculture. That's how I met Keri.

Keri was one of the few other girls in the program when I went through it. And, we literally toured the U.S, Canada, Hong Kong, China, and India together. I've spent more hours on a plane with Keri than my own husband!

Small world that it is, Keri and her husband are originally from Sullivan. They were moving back home, and her father...who is our mailman...told her about someone on his route that was a photographer (I get a LOT of photography mail). Keri looked me up, and low and behold, we discovered that we now live 20 minutes from each other.

A few weeks ago, I got to catch up with Keri and her family in Sullivan for their new family pictures! Keri, it's so good to see you again...and to see your beautiful family...and I hope we can start seeing more of each other!

Below are a few of my favorites. Click here to see a few more!


One of the main reasons for the shoot was to take Lane's 5yo pictures! The last time I saw Keri she was pregnant with Lane! Geesh...time flies. Anyway, I love this picture...it sums up the whole session...Lane running and playing games while I snapped away on occasion.

Lane and lil' sister Devin (sic?)....Why did this image make my favorites? Because...I laughed out loud when I saw it. I think it's foretelling of how they'll be as teenagers! The looks on their faces still crack me up as I sit here typing!


Sweet lil' girl on her own. She was studying the flowers all on her own...unprompted.

This is my all-time favorite image of Lane. Love this one in every way, shape, and form.



You can set it up, pose everyone, do anything possible to get everyone's attention and a great smile......




...but sometimes the best family portrait is when everyone collapses on a bench at the end of a session!
Love you guys and so glad you're close!
Kelly




No comments: