Friday, April 11, 2014

Braden and DeAnna - Engaged

Whew! This one has been a long time coming! I'm sorry that the blog hasn't been updated much lately...and I know there's LOTS of sessions almost ready to be posted for everone to see. This year I've shot nonstop over the last few weeks and now am taking some time to edit, edit, edit.

So, first out session to be posted in the posting marathon is DeAnna and Braden's engagement pictures!!!

When DeAnna emailed me about shooting her wedding, I was shocked to say the least! How in the world could she be old enough to get married?!!! You see, the last time I had seen DeAnna was when she was four years old and I was in high school. Her cousin Mindy was a friend of mine and Mindy was taking "Parenting" class that semester. At some point in the semester you had to bring a young child in (can't remember why!), and Mindy brought DeAnna in. Mindy, correct me if I'm wrong in this memory...could very well be! Anyway, DeAnna sat on Mindy's lap during our lunch hour in the cafeteria. That was the last time I saw her! And, now she's getting married!!! So, over Labor Day weekend, we met up for a few engagement pictures!!

A few of my favorites from their session are below!




This is just one of my favorites...I love the blues, the greens, and the old wood bridge at my aunt's house in the country!


When Nick and I got engaged, our photogs snapped this picture of him giving me a noogy (sic?) during our engagement pix. That's the image that still hangs in our living room in classic b/w. Why? Because that's our personalities. I envision this picture as the same for Braden and DeAnna!


Hey, Hey, Good Lookin'! True Story: When I was in 8th grade I worked at our local root beer stand. Braden's parents were friends of friends of my parents; so, I knew his family distantly. One particular day over the summer his mom came to the root beer stand for lunch and I couldn't remember her first name. So, I called her Mrs. Thomas the whole time. Her friend accused me of trying to get a bigger tip by being so courteous. Alas, nope! It was just my horrible memory!!! :)



Happy DeAnna! DeAnna has a way with the camera and passion for photography as well. She second shot for me at Krista and Brett's wedding this past August!



My favorite image of the ENTIRE shoot!




Braden really wanted an image with his restored Farmall tractor.
This one's for DeAnna.





And, this one was taken specifically for Braden!
Congrats, Braden and DeAnna!!! I can't wait to dance and have a great time at your wedding!!
Kelly






No comments: