Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 3: Thankful for Forgiveness

I'm a day late on my postings...I got in later last night than I'd planned, and headed straight to bed...blogging was going to have to wait until I'd caught some shut-eye! So, I'll blog twice today to catch up! Here is my "Day 3" post!


On this third day of posting, I'm thankful for the gift of apologies and forgiveness. When I was in my early 20's, I volunteered as the craft leader for Vacation Bible School at my church. My mom couldn't believe it. She told me, "I don't find you crafty or particularly good with kids." Ha! But I loved it. I had a classroom of 30-40 kids, a Britney Spears microphone and a stage. We would rush through the craft so that we could play a game I invented called "Master Simon Says"...which is Simon Says at breakneck speed! So much fun! My sister Kori lived in the same town as me and skipped out on helping me one night...a night that I really needed help. I was so mad at her!! I left her a scathing voicemail and decided to hold it against her! Yep! Just like that, Grudge formed. Later that night, Kori called and left me a voicemail apologizing. But it was the next day that had signficance to me. In speaking with our younger sister Kendall, Kendall told me that Kori had called her, upset with herself that she had skipped out on me and that I was mad. Kendall told her, "You know if you call and apologize to Kelly she'll forgive you and it'll be forgotten." Hmmm. That went way against my dear friend "Grudge" that I had created and embraced. I don't know if that was true about me at that particular moment...that I was mature enough to forgive and forget like we should, but I did make the promise to myself that from that moment on, I would be that person. The person that who would not only apologize when I had done wrong, but also the person that would forgive and forget when wronged. The person who would not hold on to my now-enemy "Grudge."


So, I want to take this second to apologize to Jenna and Brock...a beautiful couple who I told back in July when Jenna was at my house finalizing her album design that I'd have her wedding images up on my blog in the 'next week or two.' It didn't happen. I made a promise, let life get in the way, and have felt bad ever since. I'm truly sorry....


So, if you're reading this blog, please take a second and apologize to those you've wronged and forgive those who have apologized to you.


Then, take a second second (!) and peruse the photos of the beauitful Jenna and Brock on their wedding day.


Kelly



Jenna and Brock, Effingham, IL, Wedding<?h3 >


 


It's no secret that I love the ring shots. I know that the groom ha always put such thought and attention to which engagement ring to choose for his bride...the symbol of their relationship and their future life together. I probably spend more time on the rings than most photographers, but after the wedding ceremony and the party is over, they serve as the daily reminder of the promises you made to each other. So, I think they deserve the extra time!

And, yes. I love them so much that if I have the time, I try to do more than one setup of the rings!

Jenna was raised on a farm, just like me! And, she showed cattle, just like me! I love it when the bride gets ready at her childhood home. It allows me to incorporate elements of her home into her wedding pictures. In this case, Jenna said, "Dad will be thrilled that you used the old wood pile in my wedding pictures." She saw the old wood pile. I saw the grahpic elements of the circles in the background, the texture of the bark, and the pop that the flowers would have against the browns and greys!



I saw this on Jenna's mom's calendar in the kitchen and thought it was sweet.









Jenna's crystal blue eyes.


Handsome Brock...he had this same genuine and warm smile on his face all day!

Right after their first look. Believe it or not, this little area with the pretty light was in a room off to the side of the altar area that was being used as a storage/closet area. I had to clear out a few things to get to the window, but it was well worth it! I love the light and their emotions in this image!

Brock and Jenna got married at a beautiful little church in the country...complete with an old schoolhouse on the same property! I loved it. And behind the church was rolling, hilly pastures that I desperately wanted to take them out to, but I also didn't want them to get dirty prior to the ceremony; so, we used the background for Brock's portraits...I do love a GQ pose with hills and fence in the background!

I don't think Brock's adorable nephew was a fan of the camera, his tux, or pictures in general, but he still stole the show during formal pictures!

Jenna, her mom, and her grandmother. Three generations.












Brock gave his groomsmen baseball bats as a gift for being in his wedding. I love this image with the light streaming through.










We were done with pictures of the bride and groom by themselves. We were walking back to the where the wedding party was hanging out when we walked past this small hidden cove of an area with light streaming through the trees. I looked up at Brock and Jenna and said, "I lied. We're not done. I HAVE to get a picture taken in this area." They were troopers..and I'm so glad! This image was my favorite of the day...and they're getting a canvas gallery wrap of it for their home!









Jenna's dad could dance....

...and he brought his dancing shoes for the big occasion!

This image made me laugh...and desperately want to know what Brock and his new MIL were talking about!





Brock and Jenna, blessings on you both. Always.

No comments: