Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day #4: Thankful for Nick

Well, I'm still one day behind...but I'll catch up!  I swear!  There's so much to be thankful for...including being busy, I guess.

One of the things I'm very thankful for is my husband and partner in life, Nick.

As I type this, he is rocking Max to sleep.  This after he's had the kids in the basement playing while I worked...and that after he helped clean up after supper....a supper that he usually cooks while I catch up with the kids after a day at work.

So, in short, here are a few statements as to why I'm thankful for Nick...

I'm thankful for his support....he gets a passion, as he has his own, and we try to be equally passionate and supportive for each others passions in life.

I'm thankful for that he's good with our kids...in a diaper-changing, reading a book, tuck them in at night sort of way.

I'm thankful that he has a backbone (although we're at odds at times!); otherwise, I'd steamroll him and I wouldn't value his opinion.

I'm thankful for indulging me in the things that I'd sacrifice.  I'm pretty pragmatic...in vehicles, gifts, clothes, and life in general.  Nick loves to surprise me with a piece of jewelry or a fancy dinner out...things I'd always rationalize not to do.

I'm thankful that he puts my career on an equal level as his own...and that we can split the work on the homefront.

I'm thankful that he never expects gifts...because I'm the worst at buying them for him.

I'm thankful that after a stressful week he'll always tell me to go have a bottle of wine with my girlfriends.

I'm thankful that he's in church with me every Sunday and that we share the same beliefs...in God, how to raise children, and what's important in life.

We don't always see eye-to-eye, and we can be quite passionate about our differences in opinion.  But, I do know that, for better or worse, he is my match.

And, I am thankful.

Here are a couple pics of Nick, Colby, and I at our last family pictures....two years ago (I was eight months prego last year...no pictures, thank you!).  We have family pictures tomorrow.  He may not be loving me by the end of the day!  :)





 

No comments: