Monday, June 23, 2014

Wedding Dress Shopping with My Sister

IMG_8774-EditThe baby of the family is getting married.My entire family is so excited that my youngest sister, Kendall, got engaged over the holidays to a GREAT guy, and that we get to plan the last Rankin girl wedding.This past weekend me, my four sisters, two of my aunts, Kendall's future MIL, our stepmother, my daughter, and my three nieces all descended upon Minneapolis to do a bit of dress shopping (yes, the dressing room was FULL!).Kendall tried on so many beautiful dresses, but she kept going back to one particular dress, that in my mind was SOOO Kendall. It was different than any other dress I've seen during my six years in wedding photography, but I didn't want to influence her if it wasn't her favorite.Finally, trying it on for the third time, Abbey, the wonderful helper at the shop, said she had three questions for Kendall to answer about that dress.1. Is it comfortable? Yes, Kendall said.2. Do you feel beautiful in this dress? Yes, she replied again.3. When the church doors open, and you walk through on your father's arm, is this the dress you want your groom to see you in? And then Kendall started crying, and said YES.And, yep...after that we all cried too.Happy Tuesday!...and happy dress shopping to all of my brides!Kelly

No comments: