Monday, December 30, 2013

The Cobbler's Children Have No Shoes

First of all, thank you SO much to everyone that posted a comment on the blog today!!! You cannot even imagine how exciting it is to check it throughout the day and read everyone's comments! And, welcome to the blog Carolyn...who also has a new baby boy named Henry! Nick and I can't wait to meet him. And, ummmm, Bethanie, I thought after your confession that you stalk the blog last Friday night that I could get you to comment! So, I'm really going to harass you at the next Bunco night!!

Now on to the most important part of this post, like I said in my post yesterday, my cousin and his wife Christine welcomed beautiful baby twins on March 5th: Henry Dean and Sophia Rose. They were gracious enough to let me photograph them a week after their birth, but I have to admit, I'm definitely not destined to be a children's photography in life. I find it very hard to get their little bodies to lay like I want them too! Notice that no one has received a birth announcement about my own child! That's because every time I get all set up to take her pictures she scowls at me, goes cross-eyed, or has limbs flailing everywhere! Thus, the photographer has no formal pictures of her child yet...just like the cobbler's children never had shoes. In any case, in the small amount of time I gave Sophia and Henry, they did wonderful and gave me some wide-eyed photos and some fun ones too. Here are some of my favorites.

Henry gave me a little smile.


...and some big eyes.


...and a fist. Pow! Pow! This is what you get for making my sister cry!

Sophia crying. She had better things to do besides get her pictures taken.

"Sophia," Henry said, "Your crying is getting old. It is my picture too, you know."

Sophia realized that Henry was right. This was her moment to shine. And oh how her eyes did shine! (PS - I LOVE this picture!)

Brother and sister finally at peace.

"Yummy. Is that Johnson and Johnson lotion I taste?" said Henry.
"I was thinking the EXACT same thing," replied Sophia.

No comments: