Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Eric & Nicole | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

When I receive calls about photographing a family or a new baby, I am always honored that people want me to capture this moment in their lives. However, when someone calls me about weddings, it almost takes my breath away...not of fear, but of honor. This is one of the most important days of their lives, and they're asking me to witness their relationship, their family, and their emotions...moments captured in images that their children will still peruse decades from now. It is the highest honor.


I limit how many weddings I am a part of; so, but when I met Eric and Nicole last year, I knew that I just HAD to be a part of this wedding. Why? First, because Nicole and Eric are two of the neatest people I've ever met. They're funny. They're sweet. And, they're beautiful...both inside and out. Second, because Nicole told me that her favorite images were the sweet, simple genuine moments...a grandson smiling at his grandpa, people laughing, and stolen smiles between the bride and groom. And I agree with her. Those are the favorites from my own wedding. And, I knew then that we thought alike.


Nicole and Eric - Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Where do I even begin? Your families. Your fun bridal party who were up for anything. Your fun spirits. It was an honor being with you on your wedding day. I hope you enjoy your images as much as I enjoyed spending the day with you, your families, and your friends. And I look forward to see your family grow and flourish in the future. Kelly


A few of my favorites from the day are below. You can also see more of their wedding day images by viewing the slideshow.







Could Eric be any more handsome? He has killer eyes.



The groomsmen were awesome. We were tight for space where they were getting ready; so, I asked them to haul these chairs outside. So, they were handsome AND helpful!



Nicole's dress...the flowers....the jewelry...all beautiful.





But, not as beautiful as Nicole.



The ceremony.



This image of Eric smiling at the congregation is one of my favorites of all time. You can just see his excitement in his eyes.



Nicole's adoration for her new husband.





After the ceremony, we headed downtown for their pictures of the bride and groom alone.





A stolen moment.



There's nothing more comforting and sweet then a kiss on the forehead.



Eric owns a landscaping company, "Greenworks Growers and Garden Center" in Cowden, IL. So, flowers and greenery were important to him. A lot of the images were taken at the Gardens of Heartland Hall, where their reception was also held.





Eric's niece...one of the flower girls. Stunning eyes.



At every single wedding I've been a part of, there is always at least one moment that causes me to tear up slightly. Nicole comes from a sisterhood of three sisters, and they are close. When sister Emily had a difficult time making it through the toast, sister Courtney had to take over. I teared up also. OK, just thinking of it again makes me tear up right now as I'm typing this! Geesh. By the way, Nicole's mom also comes from a sisterhood of six sisters! Eric, I see little girls in your future!



When Nicole and I put together the list of "must have" shots, a picture of her with her Grandpa dancing was near the top of the list.



My awesome assistant for the day, Megan, caught this shot, and I LOVE it.





Did I mention that the bridal party was up for anything?



Nicole's cousin stole the show with his lipsyncing to a Michael Jackson song!



Eric and Nicole, once again, congratulations, and thank you.

No comments: