Saturday, January 25, 2014

Come to the Fair! | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

Right now I'm in the Minnesota visiting my two sisters with my mom. Colby and I took off yesterday with my mom, but before we hit the road for the 12-hour drive to the great white nort', we headed to the county fair to watch my niece Emma show cattle at her first 4-H fair! She took two heifers, Tina and Darla. Originally, she was taking Tina and Pedro; however, Pedro was a little skittish...probably because he was blind in one eye....so, Darla was subbed in for Emma's first fair! I took pictures, of course!
Emma, congrats on your ribbons and your great job at your first fair!

Colby was quite intrigued with everything going on. There was so much to watch!

Emma in the show ring.

Keeping the heifer happy while the judge checked it out.

Family friend Eric helped Emma out in the ring.

Colby was fascinated with the whole scene.

Emma and her Dad strategizing in the corner. :)

Smiling at the crowd.

After the show. I love the grooming comb in her back pocket.

Displaying her ribbons for the camera. Her mom asked her if she wanted to show again next year. Emma said, "Yeah!"

After the show, Anna walked us down to show us the garden she and Emma took care of as part of their Jr. Master Gardner project that Grandma Budke helps supervise for the county.

No comments: