Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Andersons | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS

I've had several people remind me over the last few days that I promised a lot of posting last week...and failed; so, I'm trying desperately to make up for it this week! Yesterday I posted Trent's Senior Pictures (see post below), and today we have the Anderson family!

My sister Kim and her family live in northern Minnesota...what my family calls "The Great White Nort'". Every year during the summer I make the trip up to spend time with her family and all of her great friends. I used to go up over 4th of July and partake in their killer annual celebration; however, this year I decided to pick a more Colby-conducive weekend.

Kim and her husband Scott hadn't had a family picture taken since they were married five years ago, and while Kim and I had discussed it briefly in passing, it was Scott who took the lead on this project! The night I got up there he took me on a 45-minute 4-wheeler drive through hills, pastures, and streams to scope out beautiful sites for their pictures! It was the most fun I've ever had looking for possible locations!

A few of my favorites are below. Click here to see more of their family pictures.


Jacob is 2 1/2 and picked that night to be my best friend. He wanted to help me with the camera vs. being in the pictures. But, we still managed to get a bunch of fun shots of the little guy!

Scott and Kim just purchased a combine, and Scott washed it all up so that it could be in the background.

You know me. I'm a sucker for a candid image...especially one as sweet as this.

Isn't my brother-in-law handsome? To get to this hill in a wheat field, Scott had to take each of us on a 10-minute 4-wheeler ride through trees and brush. Scott, Kendall, and I went first to test out the light before he went back for Kim and Jacob.


Props to my excellent assistant for the night: Our sister Kendall!


Jacob loved playing in the wheat field.

But he loved playing on the fence at his grandparents' farm even more!

Kim and Scott displaying their ornery relationship.

Probably my favorite picture of the day.


My favorite picture of Jacob that day. He's practicing his GQ pose for when he gets older.


Thanks for checking in!!! Kelly





No comments: