Thursday, January 9, 2014

Frivolous Worries

When I think about Colby, a whole bunch of worries come to my mind. I worry about if Colby will be a kind person, wild as a teenager, and if she won't take school seriously. There are less important things that occur to me nowadays that still worry me though! Like, I worry that she won't be 'a reader.' It drives me crazy when I recommend a book to my sister (Kim!) and she's like, "I'm sure it is good, Kelly, but you know I'm not a reader like you are." I have thought about that a lot...what if she doesn't enjoy curling up on the couch and reading on a rainy day like me?!!! That will kill me!!! So, at night before she goes to bed, we read books. She pays attention really well so far! Her favorite is "Barnyard Dance." Mine are "Sheep in a Jeep" and "The Monster at the End of This Book"...that silly Grover.

Yesterday I discovered a new fear. In my inbox was the latest email from Amy Grant's website. Yes, in my old age, I can admit these truly dorky things and not care what people think...for the most part. But, seriously, what if Colby doesn't enjoy and obsess over the music trifecta of my childhood: Amy Grant, Marie Osmond, and Barbara Mandrell! Seriously, Nick tells me all the time "that I wasn't raised to be cool." I don't care at all. I was not only Country When it Wasn't Cool, but I was also A Little Bit Country and A Little Bit Rock-n-Roll...and none of it mattered because Angels Were Watching Over Me!

Yes, I know. Colby is not probably going to like these songs from my childhood....UNLESS, I made them songs from HER childhood; so, I've started singing my favorites to her...when Nick isn't around to remind me of how I'm a dork and making her into a dork!

Here are a few pictures from the last week! Have a great weekend!


Colby's first time in her high chair. Hmmm....not quite sure of it at first.

Now I like it! Colby's starting to reach for toys, and it's much easier for her to do it when in her high chair vs on the floor.

Grandma McCormick and her McCormick cousins. Ross was not happy about the photo op!

Hello, there, pretty girl! My, oh, my, that's quite a tummy you have on you!



This is one of my best friends from my childhood, Erin, and her family. Last weekend we were honored to be baptismal sponsors for my friend Erin's new daughter, Audrey. Nick and I were thrilled to be asked! Continuing the theme of this post, Nick and Erin's husband, Eric, made fun of me and Erin's childhood dorkiness most of the evening. When Erin and I would spend the night at each others' houses, we would lay around and read books all weekend. That was our idea of fun. Sometimes we would read the SAME book at once and race to see who could get a page read first. While it didn't contribute to our popularity, I'm sure it helped us on the reading comprehension portion of the ACT. Like that matters today.


Grandma Sandy with little Audrey.









No comments: