Monday, January 20, 2014

The Shelton's | WEDDING, FAMILY, & CHILDREN'S PHOTOGRAPHER | MATTOON, ILLINOIS

I grew up in a small town. I know how they are. So, when Nick wanted to move closer to his hometown three years ago, I sighed internally and resigned myself to the fact that I would probably not have close friends for a really long time. Friendships and clicks had been formed years ago. But, how wrong could I be!

Nick and I started going to Sunday School at his hometown church, and that's where I met Lisa. Lisa and her husband had just moved back from Indianapolis, and low and behold, I discovered that we shared the same offbeat, quirky sense of humor. She totally gets my drinking a glass of wine while wearing sweat pants and I totally get her inability to talk on the phone because "she's still processing Michael Jackson's death"...and then we laugh about both things later.

When Nick and I discovered I was pregnant, I put off telling people as long as possible because I was worried about Lisa. I knew she and Brian had been trying to have a baby, too, for a while. And then. One night I was out with Lisa and Brian, and I noticed she was drinking a 7-up. Hmmm. And, then I noticed that she and Brian were whispering in the corner like no one else was around. Hmmm. I grew suspicious.

A few weeks later, Lisa told me that she and Brian were expecting! And, because they had waited so long for their little one, little Zachary decided that he would cut their wait short and cme six weeks early!

Two weeks ago Lisa asked me to take Zachary's baby pictures and a new-and-improved family picture with Zachary in it! Below are my five favorites from the day. Click here to see more.

Thank you, Lisa, for allowing me to capture your new family and also for your sweet, generous friendship. KM

Zachary was all smiles. That's the "Lisa" in him...all ready for the camera!

The family.


Hello, Blue Eyes.

This is his serious pose.


Is there any thing better in life then a baby wrapping it's small hand around your finger?



My favorite from the whole day.




No comments: