Thursday, May 8, 2014

Colby's 1st 2nd Birthday Party!

Yesterday was Colby's 2nde birthday...and lucky girl that she is, she gets to celebrate it three times! The first was yesterday with the McCormick family. Next weekend my dad turns 60; so, we're celebrating his birthday along with all the cousins with January birthdays. And then the day after we'll get to see Grandpa Cooper and celebrate it again! We normally don't do this much celebrating for anything, but like I said, this year's her lucky year, I guess!....and unlucky for you, as you'll get to see pictures of her 3 different parties!


Despite the fact that we prepared her all week for her birthday by asking how old she was going to be and singing Happy Birthday to her, she wasn't quite prepared for a group of people singing to her.


Mom, why are they singing at me?


She has her mom's fascination with fire.


I'm starting to think this is fun.


She didn't quite get the whole blowing-out-the-candles thing. So, while she was looking at everyone, Nick blew out the candles. But, the first thing she told me this morning was that SHE blew out the candles. OK....whatever.


A couple of kids enjoyed the cake thoroughly. But how did you get so darn dirty, Colby?


Oh, now I know why.


Mom, quit taking pictures of me! You're so embarrassing!




Colby got lots of great gifts from everyone. We've been playing hard with her new magnetic doodle pad. She plays with this by commanding you what to write or draw on it.


Ohhhh....what's in this big bag?


My very own CD player for my room! We now listen to tunes while changing clothes and diapers.


Nick and I got her the Sid the Science Kid friends...."I'm looking for my friends...I'm looking for YOU!" Gabriella is "the best" according to Colby.


There was some extreme basketball played after lunch...hence the helmet.


Aunt Autumn was SO lucky to get her hair done by the girls. Uncle Heath was overwhelmed by the birthday celebration.


Grandma-Great was just as 'lucky'.


Happy Birthday, Little Curly-Haired Girl. Even though you steal the i-pad, lose all electronic devices, and at two years old have learned how to appropriately use the phrase, "It's NOT Fair!", we love you.

No comments: