Saturday, May 10, 2014

Goodbye, Old Friends

Dear Old Friends,

You have been with me for a long time. You were the first pair of 'expensive shoes' I think I ever bought. It took me forever to even put you on, as I kept considering sending you back. You've lived in my closet for over six years now, and let's be honest, I don't think you've come out of the closet for at least two years. So, yes, I knew it was time for you to move on to another, more appreciative family. But, that doesn't mean you haven't meant a lot to me. We've been through so much together...a first date, marriage, airports here and abroad, meetings. Your pointy toes and kitten heels portrayed a much more confident, stricter Kelly than I've been at times. A couple of men actually said that you were scary. If they only knew that you were the most comfortable shoes I had ever worn!

In any case, thank you for the wonderful years together.



Dear New Boots,

I'm very excited about you and the possibilities and adventures we will have. But, I have to tell you, I have high expectations for you. Like the old boots, it's taken me awhile to decide if I'm going to keep you. But, now that I've committed to you by actually investing in clothes to go with you, I have to tell you that the bar has been set high by Old Boots, and as high as that bar is, I expect even more out of you.

Sincerely,
Me









No comments: