Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Scott and Joey - Engaged {Springfield, IL, wedding photographer}

It's a REALLY small world.

This last winter I got an email inquiry from a bride named "Joey", and I thought to myself, 'hmmmm....the area code of her number is 309...how many Joey's could there really be in central IL. So, we emailed back and forth, and when we finally got the chance to speak on the phone, I asked the question, "Are you THE Joey that was raised in Mason County?"....I think she was taken back a little bit. "Yes....why?" "Well, I'm Kelly Rankin....that used to date Shane that you went to high school with." "Oh my gosh!"...and so the catching up began....who was where, etc. Joey had ran in the same circles with the guy that I had dated during most of high school, and so, there were so many people from my high school memories that she had working knowledge of where they were and what they were up to! It was SO much fun....even if I didn't end up shooting her wedding, it was just so nice to touch base with someone who I could share random high school memories with!

But, even more fun is the fact that I AM shooting Joey's wedding, and it's going to be BEAUTIFUL! She has the most handsome guy in Scott and there venue, "Old Gillett Farms" is a hidden gem of trees, mansions, and rolling hills right here in central Illinois!

We had quite a bit of trouble meeting for their engagement session. Joey, was it four times we had to reschedule due to rain, schedules, etc?!! But, it was so worth the wait!

Scott and Joey, I'm so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks. It will be beyond words, and I'm honored that you've chosen me to help you capture your big day.

Below are a few of my favorites from their engagement session!



Joey owns a beauty supply company, www.beautyofasite.com; so, of course we had to glam it up a bit!



But, she and Scott also know how to go casual and kick back in their boots!


We waited just long enough for the beautiful golden light right before sunset, and it didn't disappoint! It was so hard for me to pick my favorites....so, you're getting quite a few from this series of images!










Joey and Scott brought their awesome dogs, Bear and Thatcher! They brought a renewal of energy to the end of the session!


My favorite of the whole day.

No comments: