Sunday, May 18, 2014

Garrett & Courtney Engaged! {Effingham, IL, wedding photographer}

One of my favorite people is engaged!!!

I first got to know Courtney when I shot her older sister Nicole's wedding a year and a half ago. Since then, I've been around her family at several family sessions, with her being the organizer of a huge extended family shoot. I've never seen her ruffled, frantic, or without a smile on her face. She bubbly and loves life, and she also loves Garett! Garett is strong, with a hidden ornery smile, and his love for taking care of business is one that I admire SO much in a man! I'm so excited for both of them....AND for the 2011 wedding season to begin!

Courtney, Garett, and I met up a few weeks ago....one of the few days we've seen a bit of sun this spring...for their engagement shoot!

Here are a few of my favorites!!


Garett looking handsome and strong!



I'm such a sucker for these type of images...the type where the couple is supposed to be looking at me, and the groom gets distracted....by his bride!!




Probably my favorite image of the entire day.




Classic engagement pose? No....classis because of the look on Garett's face? Yes!




Here it is! The laughing picture! I know that's what you came for!! True story: We had major issues with pests of all kind that day. Honestly! At our first stop, we encountered ticks. We (OK, I) ran back to the car. At our second stop, there was an infestation of gnats. But, C&G suffered throught he gnats for a few great shots! And, at our final location, what could we encounter that's worse???? A snake!!! Geesh.


Courtney, you're beautiful.



Over two years ago, I took this same image of Courtney's sister and brother-in-law at their engagement session. Courtney requested the same imaget; so, we hunted the spot down and took the image with Courtney and Garett!

But, we also made a new one that's just for Courtney and Garett....with the same pond, but different location and with the sun streaming in from behind them.

Courtney and Garett, thank you so much! I can't WAIT for your wedding! Not only will we have a great time, but the images will be so beautiful too!!

Blessings!
Kelly

No comments: